Topic: Should we start kicking old members who don't play from the guild? - 1

We have about 90 members, but about 80 of them are fairly inactive. I don't like kicking people, but it isn't encouraging for people to stay.

I figure the best way is to evaluate based on rank and how long they've not played since. Anything over 6 months or a year old, and anyone not above the basic rank or two. Comment below to share your thoughts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Should we start kicking old members who don't play from the guild? - 2(edited by Crystalnight 2016-11-16 12:27pm)

I'm of the opinion that we should avoid kicking most (if not all) people until we have a real reason to (A limit on members, generally being mean, exc) for the reason that as a player who jumps to/from MMORPG's, sometimes years at a time before returning, it's nice to be able to come back and be welcomed back, without that often people will just lose all interest to play.

We should focus on growth of the guild's active member pool first, before kicking anyone. Get out there, do events, bring people in, meet new people - because if you kick all the inactives, it's not going to make a bit of difference to the activity levels of the guild overall, infact it'll just make it feel MORE lonely to those who are still in the guild, as there will be *no chance* of anyone logging on and chatting/playing the game/exc.

Once the guild is active, and flourishing with active players, then it is the time to kick people. But not now. People going inactive can be for many reasons, almost none of them are because of the guild - From real life issues, to simply not enjoying the game anymore, having problems with the way the game is handled, and so on.

If we must kick people, make sure to send them an in-game message saying they are welcome back at any time should they come back, and making clear they're welcome. But I would advise against this simply because it will just make the guild feel even more empty.

Just my thoughts smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Should we start kicking old members who don't play from the guild? - 3

That's a really good point, but by the way the votes are going, we'll probably be purging. Even people ingame who haven't actually voted said "yes". I do like your idea about the mail though. Might need some help from higher ranking people in the guild due to rate-limiting on outbound mails though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down